Saturday, December 31, 2011

a blast from the past!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!

Over the next couple of days... theres gonna be a lot of new/er photos, so lets start with random old ones!

5 year old Vanisha lol


My best guy friend in high school Allen Chau ! He posted this collage of photos on facebook a few days ago and I was like "OH MY GOODNESS" lol.. I'm so glad I got rid of that hair haha.. I was like 15 in these and so awkward and still could never fit in at school lol!


This was like 5 years ago, I was in love with my new red hair.. I need that back :]


this is from 2008 .. little wash&go afro lol

I had a horrible obsession with earrings. I put keys on these.. and this was back when no one was doing anything different lol
 I remember going to school like this and people were making fun of my style! lol

 17 year old me.. straight hair and no facial piercings!? shocking to see... trust me, I know lol.


my mother wouldn't let me cut my hair until i was of age. so during the year of being 18... i cut it. lol

 

but relaxed or not, I was still the weird girl haha.
I was 17 here..


ugh I fell in love with my hair when I cut it, I still can't believe i had such short hair with my head being THIS BIG!? --but somehow it worked lol.
my rule with short natural hair: ALWAYS WEAR EARRINGS because, without them I felt like I looked like a boy lol. 


everyone always asks if I've ever straightened my hair while being natural, well this was the FIRST and ONLY time lol. I did it myself: I washed, conditioned, used a blow dryer, flat iron, then a curling iron lmao
..and guess how long that hairstyle lasted? not even an HOUR! my afro said "Nope, you're stuck with me for life" hahahaa


I was wearing these cool hairstyles before they were even cool lol.
this was like 5 years ago


           mind you, I was taking these photos at my job lol! I was the only person working at this little    clothing store in the mall... talk about bored haha




18 year old me with short twists.. performing! we were krumping and this was part of my solo.. turning the sexy on haha

 
I wasn't much older here.. maybe 19


 Me and one of my old dance partners, a great dance buddy of mine still to this day :] Aubrey


 My first show in ATL, and I was the only one that had my own real afro lol!


got a lot of great feedback about this shoot..


 learning to use my lines better


Me and nate have had some serious photos together lol.. I will post more of them some other day. --a good friend but also my first dance partner ever, and ex roommate lol.

   
 one of my first shoots in atl
My oldest sister took this photo .. I was wearing the crown/hat that she made for me.
the laugh was real :]


OK this post was random, its 1am and I just needed to post this before going to sleep lol.
 Tomorrow (today or whatever lol..) is unplanned for the most part but I need to get some rest cause I plan on enjoying it !

Post a Comment