Monday, October 11, 2010

quick post: faced my fear

well.. I've never been the type of person to be afraid of dogs, or any other animals.. simply because I love them.
--But today, while I was walking up to my door from the mall... I heard a loud bark followed by huge pounding steps coming towards me fast. ::heart drops instantly:: and the first thing that I thought was "oh my goodness, it's that guys dog from downstairs" dude... this dog is HUGE. The guy told us that he's half pitbull and half mastiff.. but to me, he looks like he's 100% mastiff.
He looks a lot like this mastiff, but he's all chocolate brown


So when I saw this dog running up the stairs towards me, I had to think fast...

1.) RUN!! lol but the dog would've caught me and that would've really made him want to attack me
2.) If I stay still and ignore him, will he go away?
3.) Act normal

here I am clinching my bags and trying my best to remain calm.. yet thinking to myself "This dog is about to bite my hands off" lol. So I started talking to him in my sweet voice (that pets love lol), just as I do with my dog.
"Well hello baby!! Awww thats a sweet boy" hahaha. He was wagging his tail once he saw me, but honestly.. seeing a dog that big charging towards me didn't look like anything good.
Dude once I made it indoors... my hands were shaking like crazy and my heart was pounding lol. I don't like the idea of being afraid of a dog like that, so I came back outside with doggy treats... yes I was being bold lol

I opened the door, made kissy sounds to get him to come to me.. and once again, I hear him barking, then my heart drops lol.
when he came to me, he gobbled the treats down fast. I wanted to let him take it out of my hand, but he almost bit my fingers with that huge mouth, so I threw them instead and then pet him for a while :]

I know this post was random.. but there are so many people that are deathly afraid of animals, and wouldve seriously freaked out in that situation. Keep in mind, all big dogs are not out to attack you, they can sense your energy so it's best to try to remain at ease as much as possible.

I wanted to speak more, but it's time for me to get in bed..
hope you all had a lovely day :]
Post a Comment