Monday, September 6, 2010

Lo sientooo


I've been extremely busy lately.. I mean to the point that my alarm is set for every single day of the week except for Sunday, because I leave out at 11am and I'm already up at that time lol
Let me paint a picture for you, my schedule yesterday:
work 8:30am-4:00pm
dance class 5:30pm-6:30pm
work at the dance studio 6:30pm-9:30pm
dance practice 9:30pm-11:00pm

I didn't make it home until 1am.. I got stranded and everything lol. On top of it all, either my allergies have started or I'm getting sick :[
I called into work today.
Much needed rest, took some meds, drank greentea with a lot of honey.
All of this running around is hard on my body, I have to get some more Vitamin C packets today because I can not afford to get sick.

Random: but I finally weighed myself, I always get on the scale 3 different times to triple check. Tell me why the first time said 114lbs, then the last two said 111lbs!? WTF lol. I have gained so much muscle tone, how did this happen? I should be like 125lbs.. being that muscle weighs more than fat, but I don't know whats going on lol.. not only that but I'm eating so much food!
..oh well :]

I have a performance next month called passion2dance 
I will be dancing in two different pieces.. it was 3 at first, but I had to cut one : /
You can go to that link and buy your tickets. But the money is going towards better treatment for cancer patients. I don't know if you all remember (the ones that have been reading my blog for a while now) but my step-father passed away Jan.2009, and he was battling cancer for years.. so I'm very glad to be supporting this show.. I will be dancing for Warren :]

I'm dancing in Q Lamar's piece

Who is an amazing dancer, very well known around Atlanta... all of us younger dancers go to him for the 411 in dancing lol. I'm so excited that he saw something in me, and wanted to use me in his piece

And I'm dancing in Brent and Khalil's piece

                                              

They're an amazing pair. A lot of times, dancers tend to "match" with certain choreographers.. I match with Khalil's dance style.. he's so fun and his spirit just shines when he dances.. I love it.

But on another note, my oldest sister Sereda came down to visit from Baltimore!

Andrea (the middle sister), Sereda (the oldest), and me "the baby" lol

We took so many pictures with her digital cam, not only that, but I got one of my photography buddies to take photos of us too.. I havent even seen those yet, but I'm sure they're gonna be amazing :]
UPDATE: here's 2 from the shoot


I love this photo lol.. my oldest sister is making the same face that I always make.. that wide mouthed, ultra excited, happy face hahaha
by the way-- she's coming back in 2 weeks!
Yaaaayyy


      my sister dressed me up like how she dresses everyday. this was the concept of the shoot at first because my sister is putting together a book on how to dress afrocentrically with fabric etc..
I loved it.. I felt like an African queen! haha.. I will most def dress this way here and there.. too bad the weather is getting cool : /


nextly :]
DUDE guess what? I got asked to go to NYC next weekend to perform, but I can't do it.. my schedule is too busy, and I have an auditon lol..
it's so weird that that same weekend has popped up twice to travel to ny. interesting.

To end this, here is my new headshot.

Post a Comment