Saturday, June 13, 2009

you dont know what/who ALVIN AILEY is?!

this is a dance video that is just so so amazing, they came to savannah like 2 years ago and the show was FREE
THE SHOW WAS SOOOO AMAZING, EVERYONE MUST GO SEE THEM WHEN THEY COME TO TOWN!!!
im sad that i missed them this year.. but i will and MUST see them again.

The company i dance with here in Savannah (Abeni Cultural Arts) with Muriel as the choreographer (and ex choreographer Stephanie) they both have dance styles that are very "Alvin Ailey" inspired.. thanks to those two ladies, they introduced me to modern dance and also african dance about 3 years ago.
The song that theyre dancing to on this first video, we have a dance routine to it, that is actually very simular to this video.. but way more movement. I've never ever performed it because I'm such a punk when it comes to this lol... the dance is just so grand to the point that I scare myself out of performing it everytime lol.. sad but true!
I WILL PERFORM THIS ONE DAY, and thats a goal lol

the main lady in this video is great.. her lines are perfect and she has that flexible lower back that I need lol and i love the african walk that they start doing on 0:37 hahaha we do that same one



heres a few of the dancers talking about their experiences with the company.. I would love to be apart of that! I have a dance buddy thats only 17 and he started dancing with them this summer. so cool

Post a Comment